Taylormade puppy update and pumpkin puppy treat recipes!
It's fall and I absolutely LOVE Fall! I love to bake and cook, so if you are like me and enjoy making a fun treat for your pup, here you go! (This is from: http://homemadedogtreatsnow.com/pumpkin-puppy-muffins/)
Pumpkin Puppy Muffins
Blurb, description. Yields 30 treats.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. honey (honey is safe for dogs in small quantities, but do not give puppies raw honey since they still have a developing immunity) If you are worried you can substitute chicken broth)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Lightly grease or spray mini muffin tin.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and pulse until oats are about half powder.
- Place oats and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir until just mixed.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Sprinkle oatmeal on top of each muffin to make them more eye appealing and give your pooch a bit of crunch.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- When muffins have cooled store in refrigerator for up to a week or in freezer for 3 months.
- We hope your dogs enjoy these Pumpkin Puppy Muffins for a special Fall treat, too!
All of our dogs that are old enough for breeding have gone into "season" and all this month we have been working on breeding them and bringing everyone outstanding PUPPIES! Star, Piper, and Nala have all been bred and we are crossing our fingers (and toes) that they will be fruitful and multiply!!!
I am going to focus on Pinkerton today because she is due in 4 days!!! So far we have seen at least 8 puppies in the ultrasound. I am so excited to see how many males and females. Will we have light ones like Pinkerton or gold ones like Sullivan or a mix of both? Pinkerton is doing wonderfully!
Here she is in all of her pregnant glory!
(The waiting list for this litter is full, but stay tuned in case there are extra puppies the vet did not see during the ultrasound! When Star had her litter the vet saw 6 puppies and she ended up having 8 puppies. This is Pinkerton and Sullivan's Jane Austin litter. I love Jane Austin and so the puppies will have names from her books, I loooove the name Willoughby. Everyone will choose their puppy and the new puppy names when the puppies are 5-6 weeks old!